Mindfulness can be a challenging skill for both children and adults. Luckily, there are ways to make it more concrete. In our house we love, what my son calls, Glitterfalls. They are a simple tool that you can make with just a few items. These are great to use for relaxation, mindfulness, breath work or even as a timer.
I really like the Voss plastic water bottles. However, we often have an abundance of mason jars, so we use those as well. I love the shape of the voss and the label stickers come off quite easily which makes these even convenient.
Now the important part, the mix! So the mix is created in a separate container. To make the glitterfall you will need:
- A variety of glitter
- 1/2 cup Glitter glue (dollar store glitter glue is perfect for this!)
- 3/4 cup Corn syrup
- 2 cups of hot water
- Super glue
- Put 1/2 inch to 1 inch of glitter into an empty jar. Then it set aside.
- In a separate bowl place glitter glue and corn syrup.
- Add hot, but not boiling, water and stir well.
- Pour mixture into jar with glitter to the top. Close lid and shake.
- Remove lid and use super glue on the edges of the bottle and replace the lid and allow to dry.
Enjoy your glitter fall! I’ll post some mindfulness activities to go along with the glitterfalls soon!